Project phases, risks and contracts
In developing renewable power projects, a primary objective is to put in place the processes and structures that maximise returns and quantify and minimise risks.
How does work done at the development phase impact on risk reduction through construction and operations? What are the most common barriers and completion challenges that all power projects face? What are some of the key contractual and permitting obligations and best practices?
Processes, milestones and location choice
- Development, Construction & Operations: timelines, processes and risks.
- Key planning and permitting issues
- Stakeholder identification and management
- Resource and site assessment, including grid access
- Environmental impact assessment
Key contracts and risk transfer
- Requirements for bankability and financial close
- Grid interconnection
- Turnkey construction and EPC (engineering, construction & procurement)
- Operations and maintenance (O&M) and service provision
- Other factors including supply chain and local content requirements