What makes a solar power plant?
A clear explainer, for business people, of the infrastructure that constitutes a solar power plant, taking into account current trends and innovations.
What are the key components, with particular focus on issues such as plant performance and energy loss? What factors constrain technology choices and which new innovation opportunities are showing market growth?
Solar farm components and performance
- Reviewing the infrastructure that makes up a utility-scale solar power project
- An up-to-date review of PV technologies and performance
- System losses: the key sources and the impacts on energy output
- Identifying key areas of project underperformance and output risk
- Considerations in capacity and project sizing, including the inverter and the grid
New technology and solar power plant trends
- New and emerging trends, from module to balance of system components
- Solutions and systems to optimise performance, operations and maintenance
- Adding battery storage to solar power plants: where and how?
- Floating solar
- Hybrid renewable power projects