Session 1: Battery storage (technologies & deployment issues)
A clear explainer, for business people, of battery technologies and the considerations in deploying battery storage projects.
What are the different battery types available, how do they compare and what makes up a full storage system? Which project factors will drive different technology choices? What are some of the practicalities of energy storage project delivery, including sizing, safety, cost and longevity?
A business person’s guide to battery technology: what you need to know
- The current status and key features of battery technologies (Li-ion, flow & other)
- Battery performance and lifetime considerations, including degradation
- Warranties and guarantees (and their limits)
- Other system components (balance of plant and controls)
- Technology selection criteria: what are the key metrics to consider?
Deployment considerations for battery storage projects
- Trends in cost and a breakdown of project cost components
- Essential project development and planning considerations (safety, location, grid connectivity and more)
- Site selection factors, including renewable power integration (hybrid projects)
- The pros and cons of adaptable project planning (and the contractual limitations)
- How to plan for battery degradation