The Renewable Energy Mini MBA will provide renewable energy leaders with the knowledge required to grow their business within competitive multi-faceted energy markets...
The success of renewable energy projects can depend on a variety of market factors at play including policy developments, the economic environment and resource availability. Green Power Academy’s Renewable Energy Mini-MBA gives you expert training over 5 days to develop a complete market analysis on the renewable energy industry, covering renewable energy technology, planning, policy and profitability.
• Energy Markets & Trends
• Renewable Energy Concepts, Myths & Realities
• Future Grids & Business Models
• Introduction to the GROUP EXERCISE
• Comparing Renewable Energy Projects & Risks
• Exploring wind, solar and geothermal power
• Exploring Hydro, Ocean and Biomass power
• Renewable Fuels & Heat
• GROUP EXERCISE: Market Analysis
• GROUP EXERCISE: Energy Options
• Renewable Energy Economics
• Energy Policies & Supports
• Project Phases, Contracts & “Bankability”
• Project Returns and Risks
• Financing Sources & Trends
• Operation and maintenance strategies solar and wind plants
• GROUP EXERCISE: Generating Investor Returns
• GROUP EXERCISE: Scenario Analysis
• GROUP EXERCISE: Market Proposals & Presentations
• Evaluation of Presentations Market scenario examples & CLOSE
• Develop a business-focused, critical review of the market opportunities, risks and competitive positioning of the various renewable energy technologies: solar, wind, geothermal, biomass (power & fuels), hydro, tidal and wave to learn about the best options available.
• Know what to look for when evaluating renewable energy project opportunities: market conditions, growth considerations and financial risks.
• Speak the language of the energy business to better engage with suppliers, partners, policymakers or co-workers from across the sector.
• Identify key trends and best global practices within the industry and evaluate how these impact your future business prospects.
• Compare and contrast the key project development and operational risks facing different types of renewable energy projects so you can establish best practice.
|Gain valuable insights and experience first - hand learning from one of our expert trainers|
• Learn how energy resources, technologies, policies, social impacts and investor returns all interact to determine market growth and project planning
• Find out about how disruptive business models are changing energy markets, including new concepts in energy sale, distribution, planning and product
• Find out about the factors that inhibit the growth and scalability of renewable energy industries so you can avoid the pitfalls.
• Benchmark your financial strategies by examining investor returns and expectations.
John is a respected energy business analyst & trainer with over 25 years’ commercial experience in industry research, analysis, intelligence and education, plus an outstanding academic background in both natural sciences and economics.
DR JOHN MASSEY
Grey Cells Energy Ltd.
John's experience has spanned both the energy and telecoms/IT industries, leading to his current focus on how the increasing convergence of the two will bring major change to the way electricity is generated, distributed and consumed. He has helped senior business-people in over 25 countries across 5 continents, representing a wide variety of organisations from start-ups to the world’s biggest corporations, by focusing on the interconnection of key business variables within markets: disruptive technology change, policy and competitive context, market structures, investment drivers and returns.